Thursday, April 30, 2009

Happy Go Lucky, Maybe.

Other than gathering the things I will need for tomorrow, I took a break from all things Bingo. After I shoot the interviews, I'm taking the weekend off and then I'll finish tweaking the movie. Then I'll start cutting down the interviews.

Last night, I watched Happy Go Lucky. Sally Hawkins plays Poppy, the type of girl we've all met at least once: perky to the point of being obnoxious, yet at the same time totally genuine. She gets on the nerves of her driving instructor, who by contrast is perpetually grumpy. The whole sounds like a premise for a sitcom, but like everything else Mike Leigh does, there's real dimension. I'll watch it again.

Able Danger, a movie I saw opening night at 2008's Brooklyn Film Festival, is now available on Amazon.com's VOD, where Are You From Bingo? will soon be heading. When I saw it, it was in black in white (with some key objects colored in), but you'll be able to seeing it in color.

Also, I'm pleased to hear that Andrew Bujalski's Beeswax got picked up for distribution by Cinema Guild. I figured given Bujalski's growing popularity, I figured it would get picked up by a small distributor, but I'm somewhat shocked it's taken this long.

Off to Binghamton tomorrow. Hopefully, nothing tragic (unless you count the rain they're predicting) will happen.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home