Friday, January 2, 2009

Back to Work?

For the last week and a half, I've had a chance to chill out and enjoy the Holidays. But today is January 2nd, and the Holidays are officially over. It's time to face one cold, hard fact: I am without a job.

Another cold, hard fact: It's cold.

My search for a new job has been compounded by the weather. At least in the fall, I had the advantage to commute back and forth as I pleased. But it's January now, and so far, this winter has not been kind.

I filled out the application for H&R Block online a week ago today, and as soon as the local office is open, I plan on following up on it. I also looked into becoming a sales associate for Procard International, which sells health care discounts. While this might give me some real security, it's also based on commission. It may be worth a show, but with the economy being what it is, is anyone interested in buying these sorts of things right now?

Of course, there's also my unemployment hearing. The last time I heard from the Department of Labor was the day after Thanksgiving. I may try to follow up sometime next week, and put together some notes for my hearing...whenever that will be.

I'm not as worried as I sound, but I am concerned.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home