Friday, December 26, 2008

Tommy the Angelman

My Christmas went well. Yesterday afternoon, we went up to my sister's place where we killed time while we waited to go to my cousin's house for dinner.

My 3½ year old cousin Tommy decided to make me his person of the day by continuing to grab me by the sleeve and dragging me however far until he lost interest. Tommy has very recently been diagnosed with Angelman Syndrome, which is caused by a chromosonal deletion. It can be a very devestating (as it has been for Tommy's family) dignosis, especially for parents who want to have more children.

I had a good time, and we had a filling dinner, topped off with a very tasty mint & cookie ice cream cake. I managed to sneak in a few minutes of watching Ben-Hur on TCM before the boys came in and decided to watch Basketball instead. When I got home, I finished watching Lawrence of Arabia, which I started Christmas Eve. (Watching a "Epic" has become a Christmas tradtion of sorts for me--last year it was Spartacus), and watched the first episode of Season 3 of Saturday Night Live, which I got as a gift.

I'm not going to mention everything I recieved, but another item I recieved was The Huffington Post Complete Guide to Blogging. I'm not a huge reader of the The Huffington Post (with exceptions, like Jamie Lee Curtis' editorial on Miley Cyrus), but given that it's been successful, I figured it might have some worthwhile information for an upstart like myself. I haven't finished it, but so far, it does have a lot of useful tips which I hope to incorporate in the near future.

This weekend, I'm hoping to get started on the Are You From Bingo? website--sketching out the page before I create it. I might as well get to work on personal projects while I figure out what to do as far as work is concerned (at least until spring).

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home