Tuesday, December 9, 2008

On My Ranch, In The Dark, With My Llama: The Rest of the In Living Color Video Parodies

Kim Wayans as Whitney Houston: "Rhythmless Nation"



Janet Jackson sang the original version of this song, but this is still funny. Even when Whitney could sing, she couldn't dance to save her life. Come to think of it, most of her outfits in the '80s were tacky, too.


Tommy Davidson as Michael Jackson: "Little Billy's Not My Lover"



I remember seeing this one the first time around, as it was a response to the Child Abuse allegations that were brand new. At 13, the fact that this was a "Billie Jean" parody went over my head. The video briefly mentions that he had a relationship with Brooke Shields. It's hard to remember a time when he associated himself with anything other than children.


Kim Wayans as Tracy Chapman: "I Write A Fast Song"


This one I remember as well. I like how Kim/Tracy tells whoever is over the phone that she doesn't want to rush the song, then heads to the window with her guitar and starts writing lyrics inspired by things that are happening outside her window. I really loved this sketch the first time I saw it, and I'm glad it's on DVD now.

There's another parody I wanted to put on this blog that was a parody of Michael Jackson's "In The Closet". It was a parody with David Alan Grier as Joe Jackson, singing "Keep her in the closet" or something like that. It came out right after the initial broadcast of the Jackson Family miniseries, and all this stuff on Joe Jackson came out. Unfortunately, it's not on YouTube...yet. Stay tuned.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home