Thursday, February 5, 2009

Runnin' Down A Dream

I continue to look for work. Today I filled out an application to work as a "skill builder" part-time with disabled and disturbed kids. I've been looking for a new type of work opportunity.

I've also been giving a lot of thought to future projects. For a long time now, I've been trying to put together another film. I've wanted to do a narrative film, but it's been slow coming. I haven't really found anything I could carry out. Why would this be so difficult? As I've mentioned before, I wrote specs in college and thereafter, but these days, I find it hard to create a story I could put together on a modest budget. It's painful for me to come to this conclusion, but I think to try and cross over into narrative features right now might be overwhelming, considering my circumstances. I've done a lot of research over the past few years, so I know what I'll be able to do with the movie once I'm done.

So I've been giving thought to doing another documentary. I have a subject that I am interested in shooting. It's a person, and I haven't approached them yet, and probably won't until I have a clear angle of where I want to go with this, or have done enough research.

A little later, I'm going to be watching the first part of Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers: Runnin' Down A Dream, directed by Peter Bogdanovich. This is the first movie I've gotten from Netflix since I put my subscription on hold last month.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home