Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A-Ha!

Earlier today I traipsed down to Area Records to celebrate my getting unemployment. I've had my eye on The Animal Collective's Merriweather Post Pavillion for some time, and wanted to buy it as soon as I had the money.

I go up to the cash register to make my purchase, and the owner asked me if I was still working at Wegmans. I told him "no", without going into too many details.

"I hear that there's been a lot of changes. There's a new head manager that a lot of people don't like, and he's firing them for any minor thing."

I thought, "Bingo!"

Any animosity I had toward Wegmans is now gone. If anything, I now feel embarassed for them. I called and told both of my parents immediately.

Afterwards, I further celebrated by purchasing tickets to see Neko Case at The State Theater. I also did something new: I test-drove a car.

I went to Geneva Foreign & Sports and test-drove three Volvo S70 cars, 1999 and 2000 models. I don't think I'll be buying anything anytime soon, but I always thought that if I could afford a car, I'd buy a Volvo. You never know. I might win the lottery one day...

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home