Monday, January 5, 2009

What Now?

Earlier this afternoon, I went to H&R Block's Geneva Location to turn in a photocopy of my online application. They told me that the receptionists likely have been hired, but that they would forward my application anyway.

This time, even the old standby isn't pulling through for me. Since I didn't know until December 17th that I would be out of a job, I can't say it was me being lazy. At first, I felt like I was at a loss. Then I thought of a few things:

    1.) I'm going to call the Kelly Office that serves Geneva. Also, I'll go to the temp office in Geneva that I applied to back in October, and I plan on updating my resume.

    2.) Perhaps I shouldn't rule out returning to work in Ithaca, but perhaps find someone who commutes from here. Obviously, given that it's winter, it'll still be very touch and go. I'll probably have to get up extra early, but at least I won't be driving. Before Christmas, my Dad and I stopped at a card shop downtown, and the cashier lady has a regular job that has her commuting to Cornell. Maybe I should get ahold of her.


It seems in the past month, I've had the rug pulled out from under me three times: first getting kicked out, second, losing the temp job, and now, not being able to secure H&R Block.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home