Friday, January 16, 2009

A Real Gem

I've begun to write a new script. After a week of trial and error, I'm finally at the point where I'm writing something cohesive. I'm not going to tell you what it's about, but hopefully, I'll be able to shoot it.

This morning, I went to the Warren Hunting Smith library at Hobart & William Smith. I hung out, like I used to between the time I got fired and got my new job. I looked some old photography books that were published by Time-Life in 1970, and became inspired once again. It has a lot of information in one volume, and it's presented in a way that will never be seen again.

Later, I was casually browsing the top shelf of the PN 1995 section (library nerds will know that's where the movie books are) when I stumbled up Sheldon Tromberg's Making Money Making Movies. Though the book is nearly 30 years old, it had some valuable information on theatrical self-distribution. Even with all the resources out there now for independent filmmakers, information Theatrical Self Distribution is hard to find. And this book was published in 1980. Can't wait to read it.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home