Saturday, June 6, 2009

Rest In Peace, Grasshopper.

Yesterday I returned to Taughannock Falls in Trumansburg, and walked around its surrounding trail. As I was walking, I got thinking: "When was the last time I went camping?" I used to go camping all the time when I was little. I'd love to spend a couple of nights with nature and the woods again. I might try to do that this summer. Meanwhile, here are two pictures of the falls:



Today I had my first electrolysis appointment. Boy, did that hurt! But after years of tweezing, waxing, shaving, bleaching, I'm ready to do away with it once and for all. The needle itself feels like a pinch. Initially, I felt more pain from the tweezing (when she was doing my chin), but the upper lip is a very sensitive area, and I squirmed through the last part.

I'm wrapping up the DVD and going to start coordinating new interviews soon. I'm also planning on finishing up the High Falls Panels this week.


Meanwhile, David Carradine died.

Being of a certain generation, I've only seen him in Kill Bill, but being a follower of popular culture, I've always been aware of his reputation.

His death was (and is) a shock, but I can't say that I'm surprised he died the way he did. My first real exposure to Carradine was a 1998 People Magazine article which documented a lot of his wild past. (Later, I found out the article was written to repair damage done by an article printed in People's Australian counterpart, WHO.) That article isn't online, but here's another article that explains a little bit. Another item was also posted at The Smoking Gun recently. With that being said, I hope his family does have an opportunity to investigate what happened.


I'm considering joining Twitter. I've been following other people's Twitters for awhile now, and I need to group them together. Dunno if I'm going to Twitter myself.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home