Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Back to School?

I've been thinking a lot about it lately.

I'm reading a book titled Getting What You Came For: The Smart Student's Guide to Earning an M.A. or a Ph.D. So far, the book has been incredibly resourceful as far as what actions to take if you want to enroll (GRE and GPA aside), and suggests you choose your advisers before you choose your school. If you're looking into graduate school, I can't recommend this book enough. Anyway, I'm thinking about this because I think I've done what I can with the degree that I have. A lot has changed for me in the six years since I've graduated from college, and I'm thinking it's time to either formalize my experience, and/or expand my options.

Yesterday I re-entered counseling in hopes of sorting out my feelings about these matters. I very much want to continue with making movies, especially the project I've been working on. How would I balance my projects with my schoolwork, and not be overwhelmed by money matters? I'm going to look into all kinds of funding, public and private, as well as forgiveness programs. I won't have a decision by tomorrow, but I know I'll have to make one sooner rather than later.

But maybe the psychic will be right. Maybe something will come along that's too good to refuse, I can have the best of all worlds, and Graduate School won't be necessary. That would be nice.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home