Saturday, April 18, 2009

How's My Job Search Going?

Of all the things I've blogged about lately, I've neglected to discuss one thing: How's my job search going?

I have an interview scheduled for Monday at the Ithaca Airport for a part time Adminstrative Assistant position. I'm doing this to keep the energy going. I'm still sending out resumes and filling out applications, but in all honesty, I'm not really that enthusiastic about it. I realize I have to work to live, but I'm getting bored applying for the same jobs in the same place. I realize I have to work to live, but if I have to work, I'd at least like to have something I can enjoy.

In this economy, I suppose I should be happy just to have anything at all, but I've been working these types of jobs since I got out of college six years ago. Now that I've found some direction in my life, I'd like to have a job that compliments it, and allows me to continue with what I'm doing now, and what I hope to do in the near future. This internship looks like a lot of fun, but it probably doesn't pay, and I'm probably too old for it.


I spent most of today finishing up Notorious, Donald Spoto's biography of Ingrid Bergman. While Spoto's biography was thorough enough, I thought he skimmed over a few key moments in her life...like all her Oscar wins. At some point, I want to check out Isabella Rossellini's autobiography, Some of Me to fill in the blanks.

Less than 48 hours before Neko Case...

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home