Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Future

This may seem really abrupt, but I've been giving serious thought to winding down this blog. This was never supposed to be permanent, but I've begun to realize that it's been taking me away from getting other things done.

I've been blogging on and off since I was 19. Back then, it was a great outlet to channel my angst. Blogging was also relatively new, so I felt privileged to have an outlet to share my "discoveries" with others. Now that I'm older, I realize that everything is relative and sharing your life on the internet isn't particularly unique. Blogging has evolved considerably since then as well. In order to have a truly successful blog, you have to be willing to build a community, which right now I don't have too much interest in. According to my Google Analytics, I get 5-10 visitors a day. Not bad, but not enough to really keep doing this, either.

When I started posting videos to YouTube and re-started blogging two years ago, the whole point was to get noticed. I believe I have accomplished that goal, and then some. I have a more discernable focus now, and want to continue building on it by writing and make movies.

As I said earlier, I really want to work on other things now, and the time I spend blogging every day takes time away from working on other projects. I may not leave right now, but I may end this soon. I'm planning on continuing to contribute to The Film Panel Notetaker and I may even launch a new blog about writing eventually, but I don't think I want to do any more personal blogging in the immediate future.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home